Pergolas may possibly be one of the earliest outdoor structures still in use. Often associated with aristocratic gardens in Europe during the Renaissance period, it’s believed that they date back to ancient Egypt. Today, you will find pergolas throughout America in use as backyard dining areas, poolside gathering spots, and 3 season rooms.
A pergola is similar to a pavilion, minus the solid roof. With a frame of vertical posts or pillars and an open lattice or cross beam ceiling, pergolas are visually appealing and practical for a variety of homes and party venues.
Outdoor Personia builds beautiful, handcrafted custom pergolas for our customers located in fine communities throughout the Northeast. Whether you need a shady place to entertain and dine all your friends and family at your breezy oceanfront estate or an attractive spot to host small intimate gatherings at your summer cottage in the woods, our custom pergola specialists are here to design and build the perfect pergola for you.
- Why Should I Build a Custom Pergola?
Why Should I Build a Custom Pergola?
If you are wondering if your backyard would benefit from a custom pergola, consider the following benefits:
- Spacious entertainment area for guests. When combined with savory cuisine and close friends, you’ll take outdoor entertaining to a whole new level when you invite your guests to sit under your new pergola.
- Creates a natural shade canopy. Verdant climbing roses, wisteria and other trellising vines pair perfectly with a custom pergola. Usually requiring little assistance, your plants will easily climb the pillars, sprawling over the cross beam roof. Healthy greenery will create naturally added shade and extra privacy under your custom pergola. Many potted plants set beneath the pergola will thrive under the mix of sun and shade they’ll receive.
- Provides a 3 season outdoor living space. A custom pergola is the perfect way to create extra living space without adding a costly addition onto your house while preserving the integrity of your backyard footprint. Consider screens, drapes, and latticework to add extra privacy and protection from the sun.
- Adds value to your backyard. If you are dreaming of an attractive conversation piece that increases your home’s value, a custom pergola is a smart choice. The added functional and visual appeal is sure to be a hit with buyers should the time come to sell your home.
- Custom Pergola Styles & Options
Custom Pergola Styles & Options
When you say “yes” to designing and building a custom made pergola with Outdoor Personia, you have made a decision to not only work with one of the area’s premiere pergola builders, but to take full advantage of one of the most extensive arrays of custom design options anywhere in New England!
Start by deciding on your pergola’s style, materials, and functionality. Are you wanting a freestanding pergola for your patio or a pergola that is attached to your home? Are you desiring an ultimate shade solution for your poolside or a more open, airy design to let some sun in? Would an arched wooden pergola stained in your favorite color or a traditional, low-maintenance vinyl pergola better suit your lifestyle and landscape? Are you looking for a large pergola that would function as a big, bold area for entertaining friends and family, or are you picturing a small pergola to function as a quiet space for intimate gatherings?
Once you have decided on the type of pergola that best suits you, browse our many options and features to put a personal touch on your pergola to make it all about you. Our customers love our custom pergola options including:
- Privacy Walls
- Retractable shades and roofs
With Outdoor Personia, your pergola will be unique, just like you! Our experienced pergola designers are here to assist you in choosing the perfect design options for your new pergola.
- Custom Pergola Sizes
Custom Pergola Sizes
One of the many advantages of building a custom pergola is that we can design it in any size you desire. When considering the size that will best fit your needs, think about how many people will regularly sit under it and the size of the deck, patio, or yard space you plan to cover.
Here are the most common pergola sizes:
- Small to Medium Sized Pergolas (Around 12’x16’): This is the most common deck or patio size. You’ll want to make sure your pergola doesn’t look too small for your deck area. Neither do you want it to overwhelm the size of your deck or patio.
- Large Pergolas (Around 16’x24’): if you have a large deck or patio or if you’re dreaming of including some luxury accessories like a fire pit or a built in seating arrangement or this might be the size of pergola you should consider.
When you choose to build a custom made pergola, we’ll be able to accommodate any size you choose. The size options are limited only by your imagination!
- Vinyl & Wooden Pergolas
Vinyl & Wooden Pergolas
Our custom pergolas are available in vinyl or wood options. Have you considered the pros and cons of a wood vs. a vinyl pergola?
Many of our customers enjoy their vinyl pergolas because of the low maintenance and almost zero deterioration. They don’t have to worry about a vinyl pergola discoloring, rotting, insect damage or splintering. With periodic cleaning, the classy, elegant look of a vinyl custom pergola can last a lifetime.
Some of our customers are drawn to the rustic and natural charm of a solid wood pergola. Our wooden pergolas come in many stain and wood species variations satisfying even the most discerning of tastes. With proper maintenance, a new wooden pergola will maintain its beauty and purpose for many years.
Your Outdoor Personia pergola design expert can help you decide whether a vinyl or wood pergola is the right decision for you so that you will be completely satisfied with your purchase for years to come.
- Building and Installing your Custom Pergola
Building and Installing your Custom Pergola
At Outdoor Personia, we create a hassle-free pergola design and build experience for you from our initial consultation to the final installation.
First, visit either of our pergola design centers in Bellingham or Hanover, MA. Sit down with one of our design experts, and tell or show us about the custom pergola you are dreaming of. If you’re unsure about the details, our pergola experts will be happy to share their suggestions. We’ll explore with you the features and options available for your new pergola. When you approve the final design, we’ll schedule the pergola build and installation.
Second, If your municipality requires a permit, Baystate Outdoor Personia is able to help with that. Did you know that Baystate Outdoor Personia has many years of experience working with local government officials to pull the permits you might need for your new custom pergola? Our experts can accommodate you either by guiding you through the permit process or obtaining any necessary pergola permits needed to ensure compliance with local codes and ordinances.
Finally, our professional team of pergola craftsmen will arrive on time and begin installing your custom made pergola while you experience the thrill of watching your dreams come to life. Our pergola installation experts will work efficiently and when finished will clean up the work site. We’re dedicated to caring for your outdoor space as if it’s our very own.
- We Build Custom Pergolas Near You
We Build Custom Pergolas Near You
With two design centers in Bellingham and Hanover, Massachusetts, Outdoor Personia is your go-to destination for pergola design and build services throughout New England, including the states of Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine.
In Massachusetts, we love to build custom pergolas in counties including Norfolk, Plymouth, Bristol, Essex, Middlesex, and Suffolk. See our recently built custom pergolas in Acushnet, Athol, Bellingham, Norwell, Braintree, Plymouth, Norfolk and Hopkinton, MA. Whether you are located in the suburbs of Boston, along Cape Cod or in between in Southeastern Massachusetts, we would be honored to work on your custom pergola project!
We also serve fine communities throughout Rhode Island including the Blackstone River Valley (including the suburbs of Providence), Warwick and West Bay, South County, East Bay and Newport County regions. Be sure to read about some of our recent Rhode Island pergola installations in Woonsocket, Riverside, Providence and Smithfield!
Other people like you have come to Baystate seeking solutions for their outdoor living spaces. Check out these completed projects to see how we created personalized solutions that were exactly what they were looking for.
Get Started Now!
1. Complete the form. 2. We will contact you to learn about your needs. 3. Together we will design your outdoor structure!
Get in Touch.
Have some questions? Contact us today by filling in the form below and we will get back to you with the information you requested.