Pergolas are outdoor structures that offer several benefits for homeowners needing extra shade or just want a more elegant place to entertain. They can serve as versatile platforms for hanging plants while enhancing any outdoor dining experience. Our Swan custom pergolas can transform your backyard into a welcoming retreat and add increased property value as a charming backdrop for gatherings.
Outdoor Personia offers custom pergolas that are made from various weather-resistant materials including vinyl, cellular PVC, solid wood, or fiberglass. We will work with you to design a structure that matches your home’s particular style in a garden or poolside setting. We even feature louvered pergolas with motorized shade control that give you the power to manually control sunlight exposure plus keep you protected from a sudden rain shower.
Outdoor Personia custom-builds pergolas for our clients throughout all of New England so feel free to contact one of our expert design consultants today!
Our Simple Process Makes it So Easy to Work With Us!
Share your vision
We want to understand your dream and then personalize a solution to match your vision.
Once you are happy and approve our proposal, we are ready to get to work!
We'll build it
We want to understand your dream and then personalize a solution to match your vision.
Custom Pergola Solutions
Other people like you have come to Outdoor Personia seeking solutions for their outdoor living spaces. Check out these project ideas and customer stories to see how we can personalize a solution for your individual needs.
Frequently Asked Questions about Pergolas
- Spacious entertainment area for guests. When combined with savory cuisine and close friends, you’ll take outdoor entertaining to a whole new level when you invite your guests to sit under your new pergola.
- Creates a natural shade canopy. Verdant climbing roses, wisteria and other trellising vines pair perfectly with a custom pergola. Usually requiring little assistance, your plants will easily climb the pillars, sprawling over the cross beam roof. Healthy greenery will create naturally added shade and extra privacy under your custom pergola. Many potted plants set beneath the pergola will thrive under the mix of sun and shade they’ll receive.
- Provides a 3 season outdoor living space. A custom pergola is the perfect way to create extra living space without adding a costly addition onto your house while preserving the integrity of your backyard footprint. Consider screens, drapes, and latticework to add extra privacy and protection from the sun.
- Adds value to your backyard. If you are dreaming of an attractive conversation piece that increases your home’s value, a custom pergola is a smart choice. The added functional and visual appeal is sure to be a hit with buyers should the time come to sell your home.
When you say “yes” to designing and building a custom made pergola with Outdoor Personia, you have made a decision to not only work with one of the area’s premiere pergola builders, but to take full advantage of one of the most extensive arrays of custom design options anywhere in New England!
Start by deciding on your pergola’s style, materials, and functionality. Are you wanting a freestanding pergola for your patio or a pergola that is attached to your home? Are you desiring an ultimate shade solution for your poolside or a more open, airy design to let some sun in? Would an arched wooden pergola stained in your favorite color or a traditional, low-maintenance vinyl pergola better suit your lifestyle and landscape? Are you looking for a large pergola that would function as a big, bold area for entertaining friends and family, or are you picturing a small pergola to function as a quiet space for intimate gatherings?
Once you have decided on the type of pergola that best suits you, browse our many options and features to put a personal touch on your pergola to make it all about you. Our customers love our custom pergola options including:
- Privacy Walls
- Retractable shades and roofs
With Outdoor Personia, your pergola will be unique, just like you! Our experienced pergola designers are here to assist you in choosing the perfect design options for your new pergola.
One of the many advantages of building a custom pergola is that we can design it in any size you desire. When considering the size that will best fit your needs, think about how many people will regularly sit under it and the size of the deck, patio, or yard space you plan to cover.
Here are the most common pergola sizes:
- Small to Medium Sized Pergolas (Around 12’x16’): This is the most common deck or patio size. You’ll want to make sure your pergola doesn’t look too small for your deck area. Neither do you want it to overwhelm the size of your deck or patio.
- Large Pergolas (Around 16’x24’): if you have a large deck or patio or if you’re dreaming of including some luxury accessories like a fire pit or a built in seating arrangement or this might be the size of pergola you should consider.
When you choose to build a custom made pergola, we’ll be able to accommodate any size you choose. The size options are limited only by your imagination!
- Extruded Vinyl. Vinyl is a commonly used material in pergolas that is resiliant and easy to maintain. It resists weathering, doesn’t rot or warp, offers UV protection, and come in various customizable designs and colors.
- Cellular PVC. Pergolas made from cellular PVC are extremely durable and contain a structural aluminum core. It doesn’t warp, rot, or deteriorate when exposed to the elements.
- Fiberglass. Pergolas built with premium-quality fiberglass components and stainless steel hardware, create a long lasting, low-maintenance shade structure.
- Solid Wood. Wooden pergolas are made from either natural Cedar or Pine materials. These pergolas offer a classic, natural charm and solid structural integrity. They age gracefully and can be stained or painted to match the style of your outdoor living space.
Our custom pergolas are available in vinyl or wood options. Have you considered the pros and cons of a wood vs. a vinyl pergola?
Many of our customers enjoy their vinyl pergolas because of the low maintenance and almost zero deterioration. They don’t have to worry about a vinyl pergola discoloring, rotting, insect damage or splintering. With periodic cleaning, the classy, elegant look of a vinyl custom pergola can last a lifetime.
Some of our customers are drawn to the rustic and natural charm of a solid wood pergola. Our wooden pergolas come in many stain and wood species variations satisfying even the most discerning of tastes. With proper maintenance, a new wooden pergola will maintain its beauty and purpose for many years.
Your Outdoor Personia pergola design expert can help you decide whether a vinyl or wood pergola is the right decision for you so that you will be completely satisfied with your purchase for years to come.
At Outdoor Personia, we create a hassle-free pergola design and build experience for you from our initial consultation to the final installation.
First, visit either of our pergola design centers in Bellingham or Hanover, MA. Sit down with one of our design experts, and tell or show us about the custom pergola you are dreaming of. If you’re unsure about the details, our pergola experts will be happy to share their suggestions. We’ll explore with you the features and options available for your new pergola. When you approve the final design, we’ll schedule the pergola build and installation.
Second, If your municipality requires a permit, Baystate Outdoor Personia is able to help with that. Did you know that Baystate Outdoor Personia has many years of experience working with local government officials to pull the permits you might need for your new custom pergola? Our experts can accommodate you either by guiding you through the permit process or obtaining any necessary pergola permits needed to ensure compliance with local codes and ordinances.
Finally, our professional team of pergola craftsmen will arrive on time and begin installing your custom made pergola while you experience the thrill of watching your dreams come to life. Our pergola installation experts will work efficiently and when finished will clean up the work site. We’re dedicated to caring for your outdoor space as if it’s our very own.
With two design centers in Bellingham and Hanover, Massachusetts, Outdoor Personia is your go-to destination for pergola design and build services throughout New England, including the states of Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine.
In Massachusetts, we love to build custom pergolas in counties including Norfolk, Plymouth, Bristol, Essex, Middlesex, and Suffolk. See our recently built custom pergolas in Acushnet, Athol, Bellingham, Norwell, Braintree, Plymouth, Norfolk and Hopkinton, MA. Whether you are located in the suburbs of Boston, along Cape Cod or in between in Southeastern Massachusetts, we would be honored to work on your custom pergola project!
We also serve fine communities throughout Rhode Island including the Blackstone River Valley (including the suburbs of Providence), Warwick and West Bay, South County, East Bay and Newport County regions. Be sure to read about some of our recent Rhode Island pergola installations in Woonsocket, Riverside, Providence and Smithfield!