Are you looking for a well-built custom shed for your backyard? Do you want a shed built with quality materials that will outlast those found at your local home improvement store? Then we invite you to check out our selection of custom-built sheds. Browse our recent projects to see why so many homeowners in the New England area choose to buy their sheds from Outdoor Personia.
We specialize in building many types of personalized storage sheds. With a full array of sizes, styles, and options you can’t find just anywhere, we can build a custom shed that matches your personality, your property, and your priorities. If you’d rather speed up the process and need a shed soon, we also have a large selection of pre-built models at either of our Massachusetts design centers in Bellingham and Hanover.
Are you thinking about building a new custom shed to store your mower, lawn tools, pool supplies, bicycles, or just need extra storage space? To make your dreams a reality, feel free to contact us and speak with one of our shed design consultants today!
Our Simple Process Makes it So Easy to Work With Us!
Share your vision
We want to understand your dream and then personalize a solution to match your vision.
Once you are happy and approve our proposal, we are ready to get to work!
We'll build it
We want to understand your dream and then personalize a solution to match your vision.
Custom Shed Solutions
Other people like you have come to Outdoor Personia seeking solutions for their outdoor living spaces. Check out these project ideas and customer stories to see how we can personalize a solution for your individual needs.
Frequently Asked Questions about Custom Sheds
Purchasing a pre-built shed right off our lot could be perfect if you’re in a pinch or desperately needing immediate storage space for your belongings. But if you’re serious about creating the perfect outdoor structure that will not only give you additional storage space but also enhance your landscape and improve your home’s value, building a custom shed will be your most satisfying option.
With a custom storage shed from Outdoor Personia, you’ll be able to get the exact size, colors, building style, and add-ons that you desire. Imagine a shed that not only gives you the extra space you need, but also blends gracefully with your existing buildings and landscape.
Take time to personally select your shed’s custom features and options. The authenticity of the finished product will shine much clearer. The originality will be much louder. And you’ll be in love with your finished custom shed much more than you ever dreamed possible.
When you choose to build a custom shed with Outdoor Personia, you get to choose from a comprehensive array of custom design options you just can’t get with a prefab shed.
What kind of doors do you envision on your custom shed – French, Dutch, sliding, or even a garage door? Would insulated floors or partition walls be an asset? Can you picture a shed with dormers or skylights on your property? What about a screened porch, work benches, or a loft? What style of siding or shingles do you want? How about a cupola or a weathervane? With a custom shed, the possibilities are endless!
Feeling indecisive? One of our experienced shed designers will be happy to help you decide on the best design options for your new shed.
- Small Sheds (10’x12’ or 8’x12’): Choose a shed about this size if you have a green thumb and are just planning to store small items like garden tools or equipment.
- Medium Sheds (10’x16’ or 8’x16’): Build a shed in this size range if you’re looking for a spot for your riding mower and all the seasonal equipment you’ve acquired since becoming a homeowner.
- Large Sheds (12’x20’ or 12’x24’)- If you’re dreaming big, choose a shed with dimensions similar to these. You’ll be able to store almost anything in this big space!
8′ x 8′
8′ x 10′
8′ x 12′
8′ x 14′
8′ x 16′
8′ x 18′
8′ x 20′
8′ x 22′
8′ x 24′
10′ x 10′
10′ x 12′
10′ x 14′
10′ x 16′
10′ x 18′
10′ x 20′
10′ x 22′
10′ x 24′
10′ x 26′
10′ x 28′
10′ x 30′
12′ x 12′
12′ x 14′
12′ x 16′
12′ x 18′
12′ x 20′
12′ x 22′
12′ x 24′
12′ x 26′
12′ x 28′
12′ x 30′
12′ x 32′
12′ x 34′
12′ x 36′
14′ x 14′
14′ x 16′
14′ x 18′
14′ x 20′
14′ x 22′
14′ x 24′
14′ x 26′
14′ x 28′
14′ x 30′
14′ x 32′
14′ x 34′
14′ x 36′
14′ x 38′
14′ x 40′
14′ x 42′
16′ x 16′
16′ x 20′
16′ x 24′
16′ x 28′
16′ x 32′
16′ x 36′
16′ x 40′
18′ x 20′
18′ x 24′
18′ x 28′
18′ x 32′
18′ x 36′
18′ x 40′
20′ x 20′
20′ x 24′
20′ x 28′
20′ x 32′
20′ x 36′
20′ x 40′
22′ x 24′
22′ x 28′
22′ x 32′
22′ x 36′
22′ x 40′
24′ x 24′
24′ x 28′
24′ x 32′
24′ x 36′
24′ x 40′
26′ x 28′
26′ x 32′
26′ x 36′
26′ x 40′
It’s a pretty big deal that your new custom shed’s color blends — not clashes — with your house and the rest of the buildings on your property. And we can guarantee that. Outdoor Personia can precisely match your house’s paint scheme. Your new custom shed will look like it was always a part of your landscape. Prefer to stain your shed for a more natural look? We can do that too, with a wide array of stain choices for even the most discerning of tastes.
Many people who build a custom storage shed use it for just that – storage. From boxes to gardening supplies to outdoor furniture, there’s an abundance of items that can be stored in your new custom shed.
But why stop there? Your new custom shed could also serve a multitude of other purposes besides storage:
- A she-shed or crafting studio: Your house might not have an ideal space for your pottery, painting, or writing hobbies. Add custom amenities to create an inspirational space for your hobbies and side projects with all the feminine flair to make a space that’s all about you.
- A home office: Do your work from home? Would you like to get your office out of your home and into its own separate space? Add an electrical package to any custom shed build to get the power you need for your computer, printer, and other electronics.
- A hideaway or man cave: You need your own space to be a guy (admit it, your wife wants that too). Your custom man cave can be insulated and wired for electricity to create the perfect place to engage in homebrewing, leatherworking, reading, or just spending time with the guys while watching the big game..
- A playhouse: What little girl in your life wouldn’t love a scaled-down version of her own house? Imagine the carefree memories that will be made as she dances to the princess title.
- A guest house or hunting cabin: Whether you need private guest quarters or a small cabin for your weekend hunting trips, a custom shed might be just the ticket to get you out of your house and into your own wilderness retreat.
- A poolhouse shed: Poolhouse sheds are becoming increasingly popular for concealing pool equipment and supplies adjacent to the pool. Many homeowners are opting to customize their pool house shed by incorporating a space for refreshment & relaxation out of the sun.
- A garden shed: Do you have a green thumb? Do you love the feel of fresh tilled soil slipping through your fingers or watching things grow? A garden shed is a necessity for the serious gardener, giving you a convenient place to store tools and supplies. Why not add shelving under the windows to start your plants in the spring? Better yet we construct wood green houses for avid gardeners.
What purpose will your shed serve? Our customers have all kinds of unique uses for their custom sheds. We’re sure you do too. Tell us your dreams. We’re here to make them happen.
Outdoor Personia has the expertise to make your custom shed build a success with our full service design and build service.
First, sit down with one of our custom shed designers, show us what you want to build. If you aren’t sure what you want to build, explain your storage problem – we’re in the problem-solving business! Explore the options for your new custom shed, and see your ideas come to life!
Second, let Outdoor Personia get approval for your new shed. Did you know that Outdoor Personia has many years of experience working with municipalities to pull the permits you need for your new custom shed? Our experts can assist you by guiding you through the permit process or obtaining all necessary shed permits needed for building your shed if you choose that service.
Third, our professional team of shed craftsmen will arrive on time and begin building your custom shed. They’ll begin by carefully constructing a solid foundation for your shed. Then they will skillfully build or install your custom shed on the prepared foundation. Finally, we’ll clean up the work site. We’re committed to caring for your property like it’s our very own.
With two design centers in Bellingham and Hanover, Massachusetts, Outdoor Personia designs and builds custom sheds throughout New England, including the states of Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine.
We are pleased to build custom outdoor storage structures for our friends and neighbors in eastern Massachusetts including Boston, Lincoln, Dover, Weston, Cohasset, Sherborn, Concord, Carlisle, Manchester, Wellesley Hills, Wayland, Sudbury, Cambridge, Canton, Nahant, Scituate, Uptown, Medway, Ipswich, and Charlestown.
In Rhode Island, we are privileged to serve custom shed clients in East Greenwich, Barrington, Providence, Cranston, Jamestown, Saunderstown, Little Compton, North Scituate, North Kingstown, Portsmouth, Exeter, Newport, Tiverton, Narragansett, Rumford, and Bristol.
We can relocate a shed within your own property or move it to a new location.
- The shed first must be empty and structurally sound.
- When moved your shed will be leveled by sight. A suitable foundation should be prepared where the shed will be placed.
- Weather conditions must be favorable.
- There needs to be clear access and an unobscured path for your shed to travel.
- To start the process, submit photos of all sides of the structure as well as taking overall measurements of the shed.
- We will try to minimize the impact on your existing lawn or landscaping.
Ask us how we can help move your shed today!